While some people may find something usable amidst the pre-installed options on the LG Optimus M, others might prefer a wider selection.
Fortunately, it couldn't be easier to install custom ringtones and notification tones on your LG Optimus M.
First, you'll need to find some ringtones you like.
To make things as simple as possible, ensure your ringtones are DRM-free MP3 files. Also, they should typically be 30-seconds or less in length.
Once you have some great ringtones on your computer, you're ready to go:
If you don't already have the USB drivers installed for your phone you can download them here since the phone doesn't come with a disc. http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-support/drivers/LGMS690.zip
- Download the file above and install it on your computer.
- Ensure your microSD card is in your LG Optimus M, then connect the phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable
- If your LG Optimus M does not mount automatically, touch the USB icon that appears in the menu bar at the top of the display, drag it down to expose the Android Notification Pane, then tap on USB Connected and click Turn On USB Storage then hit OK.
- Once the Android turns orange, using a file explorer on your computer, navigate to the root folder (the main directory) of the memory card in your LG Optimus M
- For ringtones, create a new folder called ringtones (the Optimus M require a lowercase "r" so please name the new folder exactly as specified)
- Now, simply copy all of the MP3 ringtones you want on your LG Optimus M into the new ringtones folder
- For notification tones, navigate to the root folder (the main directory) of the memory card and select media, audio, notifications. If the notifications folder does not exist, create a new folder called notifications.
- Again, simply copy all of the MP3 files you want as notifications on your LG Optimus M into the notifications folder.
That's it! You can now unmount your LG Optimus M and your ringtones and notification tones will become available as options when changing your ringtone.
To set one of your new MP3s as your ringtone:
From the home screen, tap Menu then Settings
Tap Sound, then Phone ringtone
Scroll to the ringtone you want, select it and then tap OK
Tap Notification ringtone from the sound menu and select the one you want and tap OK.